With a substantial infrastructure package looking better every day, there may be additional funding for your industrial coatings projects on bridges, water tanks and systems, wastewater treatment plants, and other structures. Hiring certified contractors for these projects is important to make sure the right coatings are selected and properly applied to prevent corrosion.
Because FSN contractors are certified, we have been following news of the recent merger between NACE International and SSPC: The Society for Protective Coatings to become the Association for Materials Protection and Performance (AMPP). We feel this merger provides more standardization in the industry and greater emphasis on safety.
- We want to share how this new association, serving the global corrosion and coatings industry, is handling contractor accreditation and certification programs. The following is a summary.
- The “QP” brand will be retained by AMPP and the SSPC QP program will serve as the basis of the future “QP” program. Elements of NACE’s NIICAP program will be integrated into QP and there will be a transition program for NIICAP contractors.
- SSPC CAS and NACE CCA certifications are transitioning to an AMPP Coatings Applicator Specialist (CAS) program.
- The new AMPP coatings applicator certification program will maintain the CAS brand and will have two levels:
- Basic Coatings Applicator
- Certified Applicator Specialist
- • All existing standards that bear the NACE or SSPC name will continue to be used without change. Any new standards developed following the merger will bear the AMPP name.
- • AMPP will continue to recognize legacy SSPC CAS and NACE CCA card holder credentials until the industry has adopted AMPP CAS within current specifications.
You can find additional information at https://www.ampp.org.
FSN can furnish QP1 and QP2 certified industrial coating contractors, employing CAS certified workers that know how to prevent corrosion. Contact us today at (410) 564-5876 or sales@FinishingSolutionsNetwork.com.