“The costs to repair corrosion add up to more than $2.5 trillion a year”
The need for certified industrial coatings contractors is greater than ever. Finishing Solutions Network has nationwide industrial coatings contractors who specialize in large-scale industrial painting and coating applications that protect your bridges, energy facilities and pipelines, wastewater treatment plants, water tanks, tunnels, manufacturing plants, storage facilities, warehouses, and other structures from corrosion.
The Society of Protective Coatings (SSPC) and the National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) established the Painter, Industrial Coating and Lining Application Specialist Certification program for industrial coatings in 2008. SSPC had long recognized that the industrial painting industry needed a comprehensive craft worker training and certification program designed to create a readily available trained and qualified workforce to meet ever-increasing facility owner demands for quality work completed safely.
SSPC and NACE jointly published standards that define the criteria for the education, training, experience, knowledge, and motor skills required to prepare and apply protective coatings to steel and concrete surfaces of complex industrial and marine structures. This joint standard makes SSPC/NACE certified contractors the best choice for high-quality industrial and marine coating work.
Why hire FSN’s nationwide industrial coatings professionals?
FSN’s nationwide industrial coatings contractors have completed the SSPC/NACE certification program, which ensures they have experience and training in all aspects of hands-on surface preparation and coating application of complex industrial and marine structures.
Industrial paints and protective coatings provide excellent protection from salt air, chemicals, toxins, acidic and alkaline environments, and other corrosive situations. Yet every year, failures of industrial paints and coatings lead to structural integrity and financial losses. These failures are often the result of poor surface preparation, improper coating selection, incorrect application and curing, or inadequate specifications.
Finishing Solutions Network has contractors who specialize in:
Waste Water Treatment Plants
The costs of failure can include:
• Labor and material costs to recoat structures in 1-3 years instead of 10-20 years
• Lost productivity and/or revenue as work spaces are closed for repairs
• Injuries or damages due to corrosion-related equipment failures
• Unexpected maintenance costs to mitigate corrosion or coating breaches
The benefits of hiring FSN’s nationwide industrial coatings contractors for bridges, energy facilities and pipelines, wastewater treatment plants, water tanks, tunnels, manufacturing plants, storage facilities, warehouses, and other structures include:
• Streamlined decision-making. Owners and specification writers have a way to ensure that qualified workers are hired to perform surface preparation and coating applications.
• Reduced costs. It can be 14 times more expensive to replace corroded steel and other materials than to apply a coating during new construction.
• Increased quality. Equipment and facilities can last up to 5-10 times longer when industrial coatings are properly applied.
• Improved safety. Lead abatement, scaffolding safety, hazardous materials, and other issues are largely avoided by hiring a trained coating workforce.
**As of Jan. 1, 2013, SSPC QP-1 contractors are required, as part of their worker assessment programs, to have at least 50% CAS certified craftsperson on eligible industrial painting job sites. The long-range implementation plan calls for increasing the ratio of CAS Certified Applicators to non-certified applicators for eligible jobs as more craft-workers have the opportunity to achieve CAS certification.
Contact us to ensure you have qualified contractors working on your industrial coatings project. Click here to download our Whitepaper on the Topic.